What traits does a #PurposefullyPretty young woman possess?
1. To be PurposefullyPretty is to accomplish your goals no matter what.
2. To be PurposefullyPretty is to be your OWN person. Do not let anyone bring you down.
3.To be PurposefullyPretty is to be a leader amongst your peers.
4. To be PurposefullyPretty is to do whatever you can to help your community.
5. To be PurposefullyPretty is to be involved in extra-curricular activities that give back to your community.
6. To be PurposefullyPretty is to possess passion, perseverance and patience.
7. To be PurposefullyPretty is to break barriers in the area that you find interest in.
8. To be PurposefullyPretty is to be ambitious, driven, confident and dedicated.
9. To be PurposefullyPretty is to be kindhearted and persistent.
10. To be PurposefullyPretty is to help others find and fulfill their purposes.
Do not hesitate to participate in our #IamPurposefullyPretty campaign. If you feel as if you are a young woman who believes that they are PurposefullyPretty, let us know why! Upload a picture or create a video expressing what makes you PurposefullyPretty, from now until July 13th. You can also attend our I Am Campaign Fundraiser, taking place on June 13th, 2013 at the African Poetry Theater; 176-05 Jamaica Ave. in Queens, NY. Help us outreach, teach and inspire young women in our community. “A pretty face without anything to back it up is null and void”.
Our June G.T.A is a compassionate leader who strives to empower women in our community through her organization, Women of Integrity (WOI). Shantay Carter continues to lend her knowledge and talent to the community through community work and mentorship and we applaud her efforts this month.
“My name is Shantay Carter and I am the Founder of Women Of In- tegrity Inc. I am a Registered Nurse, so it’s in my nature to want to help people. Through my work as a nurse, I have been able to work with many different populations. As a result, I realized that many young girls lack self- esteem and are often misguided. I created Women Of Integrity Inc., to be able to help these young women and be able to give back to my commu- nity. Our goal is to empower and educate women of all ages and ethnici- ties. I believe that what you put out in life, is what you get back, therefore you should always put out positivity. I recently received the Wholeness Of Life Award from my job, for my work as a nurse and my work with Women Of Integrity Inc. WOI recently held it’s 3rd Annual Prom Dress Giveaway, where we received a Certificate Of Recognition from Mayor Wayne Hall of Hempstead. We believe we are destined for greatness, and that’s why both myself and WOI is PurposefullyPretty”.
“I am PurposefullyPretty because I believed in myself and in my dreams. My dream became Women Of Integrity Inc.”
1.To be #PurposefullyPretty to ever give up; to strive to be the best in all that you do.
2.To be #PurposefullyPretty is to be your own best friend. To learn to love, respect, and support yourself even when others do not.
3. To be #PurposefullyPretty is to fight for what you believe in.
4. To be #PurposefullyPretty is to always try and believe. Even if you don’t succeed, you will feel fulfilled knowing that you tried.
5. To be #PurposefullyPretty is to never quit.
6.To be #PurposefullyPretty is to be dedicated in fulfilling your dreams.
7.To be #PurposefullyPretty is to be a generational curse-breaker.
8. To be #PurposefullyPretty is to be persistent, driven and a conqueror.
9. To be #PurposefullyPretty is to live according to God’s plan.
10.To be #PurposefullyPretty is to understand that you can do all things through Christ.
11.To be #PurposefullyPretty is to have a good character.
12. To be #PurposefullyPretty is to believe that you can do anything if you try.
What makes you PurposefullyPretty? We would like to know. Upload a pic or video on your social medium expressing what makes you #PurposefullyPretty. Please include “#IAmPurposefullyPretty” with your post. We are trying to spread the PurposefullyPretty movement to at least 500 young women in our community. A pretty face without anything to back it up is null and void.